As one of the most trusted financial service partners in Texas, we help guide and provide clients with solutions to fulfill their dreams and create legacies. We innovate and evolve to ensure their success. And we care for our team members with the same passion, appreciation, and support.
Without the right talent, we risk poor culture, low customer satisfaction, and most importantly, a lack of innovation. We understand that engaged employees are happy employees and know that we must continually invest in the happiness of our work family.
This is a place where you are encouraged to learn, explore new ideas, and be a part of something bigger. We offer a family-oriented culture in a rewarding environment where employees have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers and in the communities we serve.
Those who are driven by goals, service, and values can find a home at Texas Farm Credit.
Our culture is a major strength of our association. This is who we are:
- INNOVATORS: Innovators thrive on creating new ideas and processes. We give our employees the tools to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to achieve growth.
- DEVOTED: Devotion is at the heart of who we are. We are fiercely devoted to our members and their success, to serving our communities through philanthropy, and to our employees, their happiness, fulfillment, and personal and professional achievements.
- BELIEVERS: We believe in our mission, our members, and ourselves. Our unwavering confidence in the farmers and ranchers we call customers makes it easy for us to go above and beyond.
- LEADERS: Leadership is not about being the best. It’s about making everyone else better. Our leadership empowers others by being resourceful and forward thinking. We aim to be seen as leaders not only within our association, but in our communities, the agricultural sector, and within the Farm Credit System as well.
- VALUES-DRIVEN: We are driven by a strong moral compass. Integrity, respect, employee culture, excellence, and community involvement are the foundation upon which we have built our association.
- PASSIONATE: Passion is at the core of everything we do. We are passionate about our members, each other, the Farm Credit System, and our communities. Our PassionForward program is a prime example of how our employees make a difference in the communities we serve.
- SUCCESSFUL: Our recipe for success is measured by our company culture, community reputation, number of tenured employees, and a strong financial position. We are a team of innovators, believers, and leaders who are devoted, values driven, passionate, and successful.
Through corporate giving and volunteerism, Texas Farm Credit has a genuine passion for the communities we serve.
We Exemplify that Passion By:
- Community Giving: Our Passion Forward program encompasses all the ways we give back to our communities with a goal of giving back 2% of our net income each year.
- Support Future of Ag: We believe in supporting our future ag generation with our Scholarship Programs, and, in times of need (pandemic), we continue to find innovative ways to help support our youth education such as our Young Ag Video Showcase.
- Volunteer Service: We provide 2 paid working days per year to volunteer at a non-profit organization.
- Employer Matching Program: We are committed to improving the quality of life in the communities in which our employees and their families live and work. The matching gift program provides an opportunity for the Association to join with employees in supporting this commitment.
- Tommy Dean Shearrer Community Champion of the Year: This is awarded to an employee that displays passion and commitment to their community. Each year we award one employee with $2,500 to donate to the charity of their choice.
At Texas Farm Credit, we have a Total Rewards strategy that includes an extensive package of benefits. In addition, we offer a solid foundation for financial protection for employees and their families. Our total compensation package allows employees to select those benefits that fit their individual circumstances which includes, but is not limited to the following:
Optional medical coverage provides two options of coverage through BlueCross/Blue Shield of Illinois. Each plan offers a health savings account with prescription drug coverage and preventive benefits that pay 100% of in-network eligible charges for routine preventive care services for each covered person.
The medical plan offers an option for telemedicine services which is integrated into the eligibility and claims process. Through the use of telemedicine, covered individuals can receive 24 hours per day / 7 days per week access to certain health care services with reduced travel and wait times typically at a lower cost than traditional in-person visits to a health care provider
Vision Care Plan
Managed vision care available through participating provider network. Select coverage for eye exams, lenses, frames, and contact lenses.
Choose between Basic and Expanded dental plans. The basic plan provides benefits for diagnostic services (exams, cleanings, fillings, and x-rays), preventive, and basic care. The expanded plan provides basic coverage as well as more extensive dental care including orthodontia.
Tax Advantage Accounts
Accounts are available that offer a tax-effective way to pay eligible out-of-pocket health care and/or dependent care expenses.
Defined Contribution 401(k) Plan
Optional plan allows employees to participate in the 401(k) plan effective on the first day of the calendar month coincident with or following one month of employment Employees may contribute on either a pre-tax or after-tax basis unless limited by IRS regulations.
Regardless of whether or not you are enrolled to make your own employee contributions to the 401(k) Plan, you will automatically receive from Texas Farm Credit a non-elective pension contribution each pay period equal to 5% of your eligible compensation.
This benefit is provided by Texas Farm Credit at no cost to the employee. After being disabled 90 calendar days, employee is eligible to collect 66-2/3% of current monthly base salary, less any social security benefits, worker’s compensation or any other state benefits currently collecting at time of disability to a maximum of $15,000 per month. Payments are taxable income.
Business Travel Insurance
Employer-paid insurance covers accidental death or dismemberment that may occur while traveling on company business. Automatic coverage is equal to five times the employee’s base annual salary to a maximum of $2,000,000.
Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Employer-paid insurance at two times base annual salary, up to $1,000,000, payable for accidental death.
Group Universal Life Insurance
Optional coverage for yourself, spouse, and eligible dependent children. Employee coverage from one to eight times annual base salary and payable for natural and accidental death. Premiums based upon age.
Dependent Life Insurance
Optional coverage for spouse and eligible dependent children payable for natural and accidental death.
Group Term Life Insurance
Employer-paid insurance at two times base annual salary, up to $1,000,000, payable for natural or accidental death.
Full-time employees are eligible for annual leave days based on job grade and years of service.
Full-time employees accrue 5 hours per pay period which is the equivalent of 15 days per year.
Texas Farm Credit typically recognizes 11 paid holidays through the year and one floating holiday that can be used at any time.
Texas Farm Credit recognizes and allows for medical leave, military leave, funeral leave in the event of death of a relative, and leave for court service, jury duty and other circumstances that require employees to be absent for reasons other than their own illnesses or injuries.
Optional spending accounts allow payroll deductions to be made on a pre-tax basis to pay for health-care expenses not covered by the medical or dental plans and/or dependent-care expenses.
Tax exempt reimbursement for lost wages, time, or medical expenses due to job-related injuries or illnesses.
Group Legal Coverage
Provides access to a national network of attorneys, and provides benefits for certain legal expenses
We offer personal development plans that result in opportunities for employees to develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence to perform their jobs as well as to prepare for future roles.
Tuition Reimbursement Program
The Association encourages individual self-development by providing financial reimbursement and guidance to employees pursuing additional education and training that improves job performance or prepares the employee for future advancement.
$150 clothing allowance upon hire.
Balancing the personal and professional lives of employees is key to our success. We want to ensure that team members have opportunities to pursue schedules and time off that prioritize the needs of the role and team and provide the opportunity to live life in a meaningful way.
Texas Farm Credit team members can choose a recipient for an annual donation match.
Passion Forward Program
We donate to various causes, groups, and initiatives annually through both our central and branch offices.
Each employee is encouraged to use 16 hours of paid time each year to spend on personal volunteer activities.
Employee Discount Program
Employees are eligible for discounts provided by the Farm Credit system. Discounts may include auto rentals, auto purchases, auto insurance, computers, flowers, gourmet foods, home services, money planning, travel, and wireless services.
This summary sets forth general statements of employer policy and is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, a contract between the employer and employee or a promise of treatment or coverage, or a guarantee of benefits and is subject to change at any time.
Diversity & Inclusion
Texas Farm Credit is committed to being an inclusive cooperative in which all people are treated with respect, recognized for performance, and valued for their individual differences. Our objective is to weave diversity into the fabric of our organization so that it becomes an intrinsic part of our business culture. In doing so, we will be better positioned to reflect today’s external marketplace and engage the communities we serve.
We view diversity as a business advantage, because a diverse workforce of talented professionals brings a rich perspective and broad customer knowledge that ultimately leads to strong financial performance and greater return to our stockholders. By embracing the differences among people and capitalizing on those unique differences, we are investing in the long-term success of Texas Farm Credit.
At Texas Farm Credit, we recognize the important role that the next generation plays in our future workforce. We offer competitive, paid internship opportunities that allow you to experience a variety of departments and roles within our association. These internships provide education, experience, and networking opportunities essential for long-term professional success.
The Texas Farm Credit Internship program will provide a foundation to build a career by spending time with leaders in our organization who will mentor and teach you about our business and borrowers.
Internship Program Overview
8-week Summer Program:
Day 1-2: In-person Orientation
Week 1-3: Rotate through different departments, roles, and offices
- Branch (Lender & Admin)
- Administrative (Marketing, IT, HR, Finance, Legal, Audit, Operations)
Week 4-8: Targeted Roles based on Association need and Intern interest (opportunities across our territory)
Join the Family
We offer an amazing culture, in a rewarding environment, where employees have the opportunity to make a difference in our customer’s lives and in the communities we serve.Current Job Openings
Texas Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual’s qualifications for a specific job.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Texas Farm Credit, please call 1-800-950-8563.