Ag Student Grants and Scholarships
Texas Farm Credit is proud to offer support for the future leaders of agriculture by offering support in the form of grants, scholarships, and awards.
Each Texas Farm Credit branch location selects one local student each year who will be awarded a $1,000 academic grant and the title of Ag Champ, with a total of 18 Ag Champs in all. In honor of each Ag Champ, Texas Farm Credit also contributes $1,000 to each awardee’s FFA chapter or 4-H club.
Marsha Martin Scholarship
Texas Farm Credit presents $5,000 postsecondary scholarships to ten future ag leaders. These scholarships are named in honor of the late Marsha Pyle Martin: A native of Paris, Texas, Marsha was a strong advocate for youths and agriculture who passed away in 2000 following a 30-year Texas Farm Credit Career.
Youth Ag Video Showcase
Visit the Youth Ag Showcase page for information about the contest and how your team can enter.
To qualify, all applicants must:
- Be a high school senior scheduled to graduate in 2023 (Children of employees or directors are not eligible)
- Be a member of FFA or 4-H
- Reside in Texas Farm Credit’s 100-county territory
- Submit a current high school transcript (official or unofficial)
- Submit a 2023 application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Submit a resume
- Submit an essay (see application for essay topic)
- Completed applications must be received by January 15, 2023
To apply, students can either use the online application linked below or download the paper application here and mail it in. Mailing instructions are included at the bottom of the paper application.
All applications are due by 11:59 pm on January 15, 2023. All winners will be announced by May 2023.
Ag Champ & Scholarship Application
Access the application form for both Ag Champs and the Marsha Martin Scholarship here. Make sure you have everything needed to apply, fill out the application completely, and submit it no later than January 15, 2023.