We Help You Get Started
Starting out in ag is no small decision. We understand the risks, resources, and planning it takes for you and your family to start out on that journey. Texas Farm Credit supports young, beginning, and small farmers and ranchers from the very first step through our discerning lending standards so you can make quick, smart decisions.
We Started Here, Too
Our lenders have walked in your boots, and they now help producers like you create the next generation of farming operations.
The future of ag is rooted in the communities we cultivate. That’s where you can find Texas Farm Credit: supporting youth as the future leaders of ag, and headlining events that educate about and bring awareness to ag production and rural life.
Start Your Ag Journey Today
We tailor the process of financing your new adventure to meet you at your starting point. Apply today if you’re age 35 or younger, have 10 years or less of farming experience, or your gross annual agricultural sales are less than $250,000.Apply Now
Young Leaders Council
The future of our nation’s agricultural industry and food supply depends on the next generation of farmers and ranchers. At Texas Farm Credit, we encourage and support tomorrow’s food and fiber producers through scholarships, education forums, leadership training, and financing.
Purpose of the Council
The purpose of the Young Leaders Council is to provide enrichment opportunities for Texas Farm Credit’s YBS members by:
- exploring different facets of production agriculture in our lending territory
- learning about innovative marketing and management strategies
- understanding the dynamics of the Farm Credit System
- networking with other YBS producers
- Be a current association member that meets YBS (Young, Beginner, or Small) criteria
- Have current loans with Texas Farm Credit and be involved in production agriculture
- Agree to a two-year commitment to serve on the Council and fully participate in 2-3 meetings, tours, educational workshops per year
Ag Awareness and Education
In addition to the Texas Farm Credit Young Leaders Council, our cooperative also supports YBS through sponsorship and hosting of educational events, programs, and scholarships.
- Tenth District Young Leaders Program: Opportunity for YBS members to travel to Wall Street and D.C. to interact with System leaders and congressional representatives, and learn about ag’s importance in the US economy. Offered through Farm Credit Bank of Texas.
- The Executive Program for Agricultural Producers (TEPAP): Award-winning program giving YBS borrowers the opportunity to grow their acumen of growth, expansion, and other business management.
- Texas Farm Credit Certificate in Advanced Ranch Management: Certification for ranchers and landowners to continue their industry education and adaptation. Offered through and in partnership with the King Ranch Institute for Ranch Management.
- Texas Farm Credit Entrepreneurial Dream Symposium: Ag economic students present the potential and projected economic performance of their business venture projects to more than 100 entrepreneurs and business professionals. Annually held at Texas A&M University.
- Texas Farm Credit Internship Program: We provide qualified college students a foundation to build a career in the Farm Credit or ag lending and supporting roles by spending time with leaders and mentors and working within a variety of TFC departments over the course of the summer.
- Student Ag Champs and Marsha Martin Scholarships: Awarded yearly to high school 4-H and FFA students across the TFC lending territory in an effort to support the future of agriculture.
- Land Stewardship Ambassador Program: Cultivates future community leaders in two different urban communities, San Antonio and Laredo, by educating them to become well-versed in land stewardship principles and how they interact with society. In partnership with the East Foundation.