Protect Your PRF Against Drought
Just like our crop and livestock insurance products, you can continue operating with the peace of mind that comes with a Pasture, Rangeland, and Forage—or PRF—insurance policy from Texas Farm Credit. Both our PRF and Annual Forage (AF) insurance programs reduce the risks associated with the uncertainty of rainfall for farmers and livestock producers. Learn more about both PRF and AF programs below.
Contact one of our experienced insurance specialists who will be happy to help you find the best coverage options and create a policy quote that fits your needs.
PRF Insurance: Pasture, Rangeland, and Forage
Texas Farm Credit has extensive experience in meeting the risk management needs of livestock producers – that’s why we offer Pasture, Rangeland, and Forage (PRF) insurance. This policy offers flexible protection against drought.
Benefits of PRF Insurance
Our customers have come to expect above-and-beyond service and experienced-honed expertise from our team of insurance specialists. Connect with them today and learn more about the benefits of going with Texas Farm Credit to protect what you value.
- Producers choose how many acres to insure and what time of year to insure them.
- Premiums are subsidized up to 59 percent, making this program very affordable.
AF Insurance: Annual Forage
Drought poses a risk to any forage operation. AF or Annual Forage insurance covers forage that is planted each year for grazing, haying, green chop or silage.
Annual Forage Insurance is offered by USDA’s Risk Management Agency (RMA) and is reinsured by the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC). Losses are paid when rainfall during a specific two-month period in a specific area (grid) is below a selected percentage of historic average rainfall. Payments are based on final conditions in an entire grid, not on a specific property within that grid.
Benefits Of AF Insurance
When you connect with one of our insurance specialists, you’ll find out why so many ag producers choose Texas Farm Credit to insure their forage. Contact us to dive into these AF program benefits and more.
- Annual Forage Insurance enables owners and lessees to cover costs such as extra feed, rent or restocking in the event of drought.
- Customers select the growing season, time periods and the number of acres during each period to insure.
- RMA covers as much as 59 percent of premiums for this affordable insurance, the only product that offers coverage for annually planted crops not intended for grain harvest.
Get An Insurance Quote
Our insurance specialists understand the specifics of ag operations and rural life. Connect with a Texas Farm Credit insurance expert near you to learn how you can protect against risks to your way of life.